Assignment # 2
1. A group of N stations share a 56-kbps pure ALOHA channel. Each station outputs a 1000-bit frame on an average of once every 100 sec, even if the previous one has not yet been sent (e.g., the stations can buffer outgoing frames). What is the maximum value of N?
2. Ten thousand airline reservation stations are competing for the use of a single slotted ALOHA channel. Every station makes an average of 18 requests/hour. A slot is 125 µsec. What is the approximate total channel load?
3. Consider the subnet of Fig.1 . Distance vector routing is used, and the following vectors have just come in to router C: from B: (5, 0, 8, 12, 6, 2); from D: (16, 12, 6, 0, 9, 10); and from E: (7, 6, 3, 9, 0, 4). The measured delays to B, D, and E, are 6, 3, and 5, respectively. What is C's new routing table? Give both the outgoing line to use and the expected delay.
4. An organization is granting a block 188.8.131.52/16. The administrator wants to create 1024 subnets.
A. Find the subnet mask.
B. Find the number of address in each subnet.
C. Find the first and last address in subnet 1.
D. Find the first and last address in subnet 1024
5. What is the difference between connection less and connection oriented services?
6. Find the class of the following IP address.
7. Write the following mask in slash notation(/n)
Recently Asked Questions
- Here is my 2nd tutor question. 42. (5 points) The following is the balance sheet for 2016 for Marbell Inc. Marbell Inc. Balance Sheet 12/31/2016
- Which among the following power companies is the world ’ s fifth largest wind turbine manufacturer ?
- The figure shows a square . Find the perimeter of the square .