1. Using only MOV, ADD, SUB, INC, DEC and NEG, translate the following high-level statements into assembly language. A, B and C are word variables:
a. A = B – A
b. A = -(A+1)
c. C = A + B
d. B = 3-B+7
e. A = 5-A
2. Which of the following names are legal in IBM PC assembly language?
c. Two Words
g. T =
3. Which of the following are legal numbers? If they are legal, tell whether they are binary, decimal, or hex numbers
3. Tell whether each of the following instructions is legal or illegal. W1 and W2 are word variables, and B1 and B2 are byte variables.
a. Mov DS,AX
b. Mov DS,1000h
c. Mov CS,ES
d. Mov W1,DS
e. XCHG W1,W2
f. SUB 5, B1
g. ADD B1, B2
h. ADD Al, 256
i. Mov W1,B1
4. Write instructions (not a complete program) to do the following:
a. Read a character, and display it at the same position on the same line.
b. Take two hex values, store them in two variables and exchange the values of two variables.
Recently Asked Questions
- What are the safety valves? How many are there on each boiler?
- The average weight of 8 adult on an elevator is 200lbs. What is the average weight of the occupants on the elevator when an 800 pound gorilla joins the group
- Hello, I'm having trouble with doing STAT Homework. It is due to today midnight. I would like to get your help for this time! some of questions are needed to