1. Using only MOV, ADD, SUB, INC, DEC and NEG, translate the following high-level statements into assembly language. A, B and C are word variables:
a. A = B – A
b. A = -(A+1)
c. C = A + B
d. B = 3-B+7
e. A = 5-A
2. Which of the following names are legal in IBM PC assembly language?
c. Two Words
g. T =
3. Which of the following are legal numbers? If they are legal, tell whether they are binary, decimal, or hex numbers
3. Tell whether each of the following instructions is legal or illegal. W1 and W2 are word variables, and B1 and B2 are byte variables.
a. Mov DS,AX
b. Mov DS,1000h
c. Mov CS,ES
d. Mov W1,DS
e. XCHG W1,W2
f. SUB 5, B1
g. ADD B1, B2
h. ADD Al, 256
i. Mov W1,B1
4. Write instructions (not a complete program) to do the following:
a. Read a character, and display it at the same position on the same line.
b. Take two hex values, store them in two variables and exchange the values of two variables.
Recently Asked Questions
- "Education is a democratic learning experience, whereas banking education, indoctrination, and training undercut the rational agency of the learner.” (a)
- Which category would be considered by researchers to be a child-created basic category that is likely to disappear as the child matures? objects with wheels
- See attached. Please show all work. Thank you. All help is greatly appreciated.