1. Using only MOV, ADD, SUB, INC, DEC and NEG, translate the following high-level statements into assembly language. A, B and C are word variables:
a. A = B – A
b. A = -(A+1)
c. C = A + B
d. B = 3-B+7
e. A = 5-A
2. Which of the following names are legal in IBM PC assembly language?
c. Two Words
g. T =
3. Which of the following are legal numbers? If they are legal, tell whether they are binary, decimal, or hex numbers
3. Tell whether each of the following instructions is legal or illegal. W1 and W2 are word variables, and B1 and B2 are byte variables.
a. Mov DS,AX
b. Mov DS,1000h
c. Mov CS,ES
d. Mov W1,DS
e. XCHG W1,W2
f. SUB 5, B1
g. ADD B1, B2
h. ADD Al, 256
i. Mov W1,B1
4. Write instructions (not a complete program) to do the following:
a. Read a character, and display it at the same position on the same line.
b. Take two hex values, store them in two variables and exchange the values of two variables.
Recently Asked Questions
- A company that borrows $1 million long term and invests the proceeds in inventory will see its cash position unchanged. True False
- I need help filling out this income statement. The problem is attached. Thank you!
- Hi trapchic, I was wondering which textbook these pediatric questions are from? Thanks!