1) choose a random integer between 1 and 4 to determine the minute at which the first customer arrives.
2) At the first customer’s arrival time:
Determine customer’s service time (random integer from 1 to 4);
Begin servicing the customer;
Schedule arrival time of next customer (random integer 1 to 4 added to the current time).
3) For each minute of the day;
If the next customer arrives,
Enqueue the customer;
Schedule the arrival time of the next customer;
If service was completed for the last customer;
Dequeue next customer to be serviced
Determine customer’s service completion time( random integer from 1 to 4 added to the current time).
Now run your simulation for 720 minutes and answer each of the following:
a) What’s the maximum number of customers in the queue at any time?
b) What’s the longest wait any one customer experiences?
c) What happens if the arrival interval is changed from 1-4 minutes to 1-3 minutes?
Recently Asked Questions
- Which statement is true? a. LLCs cannot have earnings pass through as personal income. b. LLCs are ideal for joint ventures. c. S-type corporations can be
- Which international financial markets are most important to a firm that consistently needs short term funds? Which international markets enable MNCs to obtain
- A major character in a story who encounters conflict, challenges, or both, and is changed by them. The main character or protagonist is always dynamic, but