Thus far, you’ve diagrammed a network for LedGrafix, conducted a risk assessment, and drafted an initial security policy for the company. In this lab, you will continue to update your Security Policy as well as develop a remote access solution for the company.
In a recent progress meeting, the vice president of LedGrafix brought up some points of concern. In the video game business, salespeople often travel to promote and demonstrate products, and marketing representatives must travel occasionally to explore market demand for new products and to visit retailers to expand the company’s market. In addition, several game developers have approached the VP about working from home part-time and attending development seminars.
Because the VP’s concerns are valid, the president has asked you to provide a way for traveling workers to connect to resources on the company LAN and for remote workers to access development materials and resources from home securely. You have met with all department heads to determine remote access needs and have compiled a list of requirements. The company president and VP have reviewed your list and approved it. Now you must revise your network plan to satisfy these additional requirements:
1. All personnel must be able to access their work email accounts and personal folders remotely.
2. No personal folders can contain documents deemed confidential, and any data of this type must be secured in transit.
3. Sales personnel must be able to access their personal folders and do the following from any location:
1. Access order-processing systems to enter new orders, check order status, or modify orders.
2. Access customer account data to enter payment information, check debt status, or adjust pricing for others.
3. Access computer brochures, flyers, demonstrations, presentation programs, and other sales materials.
4. Marketing personnel must be able to do the following:
1. Connect to customer account data to enter new information and update information on existing customers.
2. Access company marketing materials, brochures, and presentations.
3. Develop new marketing materials while traveling and upload new materials for review by upper management.
5. Accounting data and payroll must be remotely accessible only by Bostern Accounting and Tax Services, the company handling bookkeeping services for LedGrafix. No accounting and payroll files can be e-mailed outside the company LAN or accessible (internally or externally) to any employees other than upper management and the Accounting Department.
6. The Shipping and Receiving Department must be able to track outgoing and incoming shipments.
7. An outside vendor produces, packages, and distributes LedGrafix game software. The vendor must be able to connect to the ordering system to get new orders, update order status, and record shipping details of completed orders.
Additionally, you must address the following concerns:
* The system must be scalable to meet the company’s needs for the next three years.
* Budget is a concern. The company is doing well financially but has limited capital to work with currently, so you must propose a solution that costs as little as possible up front.
* You have two vendors who need remote access and up to 25 company employees who might need remote access to the corporate LAN.
Develop a remote access plan that meets the requirements described so far. Your submission must include the following
1. Details of your proposed remote access solution, including any hardware and/or software that would be needed.
2. Any other information relevant to your design, such as dial-up numbers, encryption techniques, authentication, and access controls, how client machines should be configured, and so on.
3. Updated network diagram that shows the physical and logical layout of the network for your remote access solution.
4. Carefully review your work, save the file as YourName_U3_RemoteAccess.doc, and submit it below.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from ME23001 Assignment 1 2017-18 S1(2).pdf.
- I have to write an essay on the prompt below but I am a little confused. The professor said to pay attention to specifics. I was inclined to select the loved
- Re-type the below code. Fix the indentation as necessary to make the program work. if 'New York' in temperatures: if temperatures[ 'New York' ] > 90: print (