Consider the figure shown in Problem 1 of Lab 7 Problem Set. Use the solution of that problem when applicable. Now we replace the router between LANs 1 and 2 with a switch S1, and label the router between LANs 2 and 3 as R1.
b. Suppose E would like to send an IP datagram to B,
(1) Will E perform an ARP query to find B's MAC address? Why?
(2) In the Ethernet frame (containing the IP datagram destined to B) that is delivered to R1, what are the source and destination IP and MAC addresses?
(3) In the Ethernet frame that is delivered to S1, what are the source and destination IP and MAC addresses?
(4) If the switch table is empty at S1, and (for this sub-question only) assume Hosts A and B are star-connected into this switch, identify the link(s) on which the frame will be forwarded.
(5) In the Ethernet frame that is delivered to B, what are the source and destination IP and MAC addresses?
Dear Student, I have reviewed your assignment thoroughly, based on your assignment details and current... View the full answer