2. ____ is the process of creating a new, derived class from a base class.
3. A(n) ____ statement indicates the end of the catch block in the pseudocode.
4. The call stack is where the computer stores the list of exceptions.
5. You can write as many constructors for a class as you want, as long as they all have different ____ lists.
B) data field
6. The object-oriented techniques to manage errors such as dividing a value by 0 comprise the group of methods known as ____.
A) exception handling
B) error handling
C) exception processing
D) error processing
7. A ____ is one that sends an exception object out of a method so it can be handled elsewhere.
A) catch statement
B) throw method
C) catch block
D) throw statement
8. Global variables are known to the entire class.
9. A constructor may require ____.
10. A ____ is a segment of code that can handle an exception that might be thrown by the try block that precedes it.
A) catch method
B) throw block
C) catch block
D) throw statement
11. A child class contains all the data fields and ____ of its parent.
12. A catch block consists of four different elements: the keyword catch, followed by parentheses that contain an exception type and identifier, statements that take action to handle the error condition, an endcatch statement, and a return statement.
13. Multiple inheritance is the capability to inherit more than one method from a parent class.
14. Unreachable code statements are program statements that only execute if there is an exception.
15. A class diagram consists of a ____ divided into three sections.
16. A method can be used more than once within a program or in other programs.
17. When a data field is private, it is said to be ____ to any class other than the one in which it is defined.
18. A method’s ____ consists of the method’s statements.
19. Write a method that will perform the a division operation (divide by) on the numbers passed to it in two variables (numerator, denominator) and outputs the results. Use a try-catch pair to output an error message if the illegal operation of divide by 0 occurs.
20. Programmers refer to hidden implementation details as existing in a ____.
A) white box
B) white hole
C) black box
D) black hole
21. When a variable is declared within a method, it ceases to exist when the method ends.
22. An object is a category of things.
23. Simple non-array variables are usually passed to methods by ____.
24. An instance method or constructor may be overloaded by providing the same name and ____ argument list.
A) a different
B) the same
C) a larger
D) a smaller
25. Methods can be ____ correctly by providing different parameter lists for methods with the same name.
26. A method is a program module that contains a series of statements that carry out a task.
27. A parent class is the same thing as a base class.
28. Overloaded methods have the same name and parameter lists.
29. A ____ reference is an automatically created variable that holds the address of an object and passes it to an instance method whenever the method is called.
30. When illegal division by 0 takes place, an Exception object is not created automatically by the object-oriented language application.
31. Class diagrams are a type of ____ diagram.
A) Unified Illustration Language
B) Unified Modeling Language
C) Object-Oriented Modeling Language
D) Unified Pseudocode Language
32. What will be the output of the below program? List what will be outputed to the screen and explain your answer.
num SIZE = 10
num numbers[SIZE] = 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
index = 0
while index < SIZE
numbers[index]= index * 10
index = index + 1
output “The Output is: ”
while index > 0
index = index – 1
33. ____ variables and constants are those that are known to an entire class.
34. A(n) ____ is one instance of a class.
35. The ability to use methods without knowing the details of their contents is a feature of ____.
36. Design a class named CustomerRecord that holds a customer number, name, and address. Include methods to set the values for each data field and output the values for each data field. Create the class diagram and write the code (not language specific, ie. psuedocode) that defines the class.
37. The memory location known as the ____ is where the computer stores the list of method locations to which the system must return.
A) method stack
B) location stack
C) call stack
D) store location
38. When appropriate, specialized ____ classes provide an elegant way for you to handle error situations.
39. Everything is an object, and every object is a member of a ____.
40. Libraries are collections of classes that serve related purposes.
41. What is the screen output of the following code segment? Explain the reasoning behind your answer.
Test1 = 70
Test2 = 80
Test3 = 84
NumberOfTests = 3
Average = (Test1 + Test2 + Test3) / NumberOfTests
IF Average >= 90 THEN
Output “Great job”
Output “Your average is: ”, Average
IF Average >= 80 or Average <=89 THEN
Output “Nice work”
Output “Your average is: “, Average
Output : “Your Average is:”, Average
Output “, You will do better next time!”
42. Creating multiple methods with the same name, which will act differently and appropriately when used with different types of objects, is known as polymorphism.
43. Methods are sometimes called ____.
44. What is one item that must be included in a method’s header if it can receive a parameter?
A) local parameter name
B) global parameter name
C) parameter’s client
D) return data structure
*Please answer and submit responses
Recently Asked Questions
- Find the dimension of the matrix. 3 8 6 9 5 9 ✕ Find the values of the specified elements. a 1,1 = a 3,2 = Show My Work (Optional)
- In 2009 the world population was 6.8 billion. Use an assumed doubling time of 60 tears to approximate the population in 2059.
- This Assignment Is Algebra , I would appreciate it if someone can help. I would like this assignment to be answered today. Thanks In Advance.... 1. Use the