I'm really struggling understanding IP numbers, masks, and subnets. I have ten questions, I have answered 7 of them but not with much confidence. Here are my questions, and my answers so far. I need some feedback and direction please:
Using the IP number & Mask is 220.127.116.11/24 answer the following:
1. how many host bits are there before subnetting? - my answer: 24
2. how many host bits are there after subnetting? - my answer: 8
3. how many host bits were borrowed to subnet? - my answer: 16
4. How many usuable hosts per subnet are there? - my answer: 254
5. how many usuable subnets are there? - my answer: 65,536
6. What is the subnet mask written in dotted decimal? - my answer: 255.255.255.0
7. What is the subnet mask written in hexidecimal? - my answer: OC.02.02.00
8. What is the subnet IP number of subnet 7455?
9. What is the broadcast IP number of subnet 7455?
10. What are teh usable host IP numbers of subnet 7455? ______________ through _________
Dear student, You got almost all answers correct. For all... View the full answer