1. Convert each of the base ten representations to its equivalent two’s complement form using patterns of 8 bits:
a. 6 b. -6 c. -17
d. 13 e. -1 f. 0
2. List four generic compression techniques.
3. Why would GIF better than JPEG when encoding color cartoons
4. Suppose you were part of a team designing a spacecraft that will travel to other planets and send back photographs. Would it be a good idea to compress the photographs using GIF or JPEG’s baseline standard to reduce the resources required to store and transmit the images?
5. What characteristics of the human eye does JPEG baseline standard exploit?
6. What characteristics of the human ear does MP3 exploit?
7. Identify a troubling phenomenon that is common when encoding numeric information, images, and sound as bit patterns.
Fill in the tutorial summary sheet as best you can
Compression is only possible when there is redundant information stored. Why does this happen?
Recently Asked Questions
- Would a protein that bound to the DNA by making H bond contacts in minor grooves be able to distinguish a CG from GC basepair? An AT from a GC basepair? Can
- Find the average velocity of the function over the given interval. y= x^2 + 8 , [5, 8]
- Determine each team member's roles and responsibilities . List and include a detailed description of the roles you think are beneficial for an effective Human