Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Examine three (3) common Web application vulnerabilities and attacks, and recommend mitigation strategies for each.
2. Describe an architectural design to protect Web servers from a commonly known Denial of Service (DOS) attack.
3. Based on your research from the Justice Department Website:
a. Examine the motivations of this type of attack.
b. Identify the tools and techniques that you would have used in this attack and why.
c. Determine if Web server application attacks are as easy to carry out as they seem.
4. Suggest the best mitigation or defense mechanisms against Web server application attacks on federal government Websites in the future.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources outside of the suggested resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
•Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
•Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Recently Asked Questions
- A new computer system will require an initial outlay of $15,500, but it will increase the firm’s cash flows by $3,100 a year for each of the next 7 years.
- Please I need the answer to the global warming case study following the case study format. Unfortunately, the document for global warming case study does not
- How might Newton’s Method be used to find the square roots of numbers that are otherwise hard (eg, “the square root of 2”)?