- A three-phase load is delta-connected, and each phase consumes an apparent power |S| = 1MVA at 0.8pf leading. The delta-connected load is supplied from a balanced, positive-sequence Y- connected source with ???????????? = 480e????0∘ .Each line connecting the source has an impedance of 0.8Ω at an angle of 88 degrees.A measurement at the load shows that the magnitude of the line voltage there is 460V. The frequency is 60Hz and all measurements are in RMS.
- a) Sketch a properly labeled circuit schematic.
- b) Determine the phasors for the three line currents. Sketch the phasors in the complex plane.
- c) Determine the phasors for the three phase currents in the load. Sketch the phasors in the complex plane.
- d) The owner of the load decides to take an incentive from the local utility to increase his power factor to 0.92 leading. Propose a method for increasing the power factor of the loads by placing a Y-connected set of loads in parallel. Note that the magnitude of the line voltage at the load after the change is 470V.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Ch. 11 problemsetSTU. Additional comments: "How do I answer the
- Let d be the discrete metric space on R 1) Show that [0,1] is closed an bounded in (R,d) but not compact. 2) Why does this not contradict Heine-Borel Theorem?
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Financial Reporting_Assessment 2_v6.3.pdf.