1. Identify and explain each components of the MAC, physical, or Ethernet address?
IP Address ranges and their uses:
In chapter 7 we learned about special IP address ranges and their uses. Please describe some of the various address ranges and their specific uses.
1. Explain why IPv4 has been exhausted. What are some of the developments that led to this?
2. What are four methods that were developed by the IETF that serve to extend the useful life of IPv4? Three of them were specifically designed for this purpose. Explain how each of them work.
DNS & Decimal-Binary Conversion
1. How does the Domain Naming System work?
2. Convert the dotted decimal IP address 192.168.10.142 to the binary equivalent.
Please answer the questions below concerning DNS resources.
1. What is an A record and a canonical name (CNAME) and why would you create a CNAME record instead of an A record?
2. Explain the purpose of an MX record and its format. If there is more than one MX record how does a host choose which one to use?