Siemens Electric Motor Works (A)
Siemens EMW found makes a decision to move from mass production of specialty motors to the production of small lots of custom motors to survive competition. In doing so, they found their old cost system led them to poor decision-making. By making few simple modifications to their costing system, the firm was able to regain their competitive advantage.
Prepare the following questions:
1. How does the traditional and the PROKASTA cost systems trace the overhead costs of order processing and special components handling to the products?
2. Calculate the cost of the five orders in Exhibit 4 under the traditional and PROKASTA systems. Hint: first calculate the PROKASTA cost of processing an order and handling a special component.
3. Does the PROKASTA system support the strategy of the firm in ways that the traditional system cannot?
Recently Asked Questions
- In a mixture of concrete, there are three lb of cement mix for each pound of gravel. If the mixture contains a total of 100 lb of these two ingredidents, how
- Mattice Corporation is considering investing $720,000 in a project. The life of the project would be 11 years. The project would require additional working
- Why do you think some people do not seek treatment for STIs? Be specific and explain your answer. How do you think the medical establishment could encourage