Malaga Industrials assembles its product in two departments: Cutting and Finishing. In the Finishing Department, direct materials (DM) are added at the end of the process. Malaga Industrials uses the First-in, First-out (FIFO) cost flow method. Additional information about the Finishing Department follows:
Required: 1. Prepare (a) a quantity (physical flow) schedule; and (b) compute the equivalent units for all inputs.
2. Calculate the costs per equivalent unit for all inputs. Round up your answers to the nearest cent (e.g., $0.433= $0.43).
3.Calculate: a. the total cost of goods transferred out; and
b. the cost of ending Work in Process.
4. Prepare the WIP: Finishing Department ledger account. Enter the account balances and all transactions for the period showing clearly the contra accounts.
Recently Asked Questions
- 1)Consider a ligand like a neurotransmitter binding to a receptor like in a synapse. This is a simple system: L + R< > LR Which is governed by the forward rate
- If the volume of a container is increased, the pressure of the gas in the container also increases (when the amount of gas and temperature are held constant).
- Choose your top 2 HR areas of interest that you would like to discuss with an HR professional Create 10 interview questions for each area of interest