Danshui Plant No. 2
1. Using budget data, how many
Apple iPhone 4's would have to have been completed for Danshui Plant No. 2 to break even?
2. Using budget data, what was the total expected cost per unit if all manufacturing and shipping overhead (both variable and fixed) were allocated to planned (using 200,000 units) production? What was the actual (using 180,000 units) cost per unit of production and shipping?
3. Prepare a flexible budget for 180,000 iPhone 4's and calculate flexible budget variances using actual costs for August.
4. For the month of August, calculate the following variances (assume the standard labor rate is $0.92 per hour):
a. material price variance for flash memories
b. material usage variance for flash memories
c. labor rate variance
d. labor usage (efficiency) variance
e. overhead spending variance
5. What are some strategies or decisions that Wentao Chen should consider in trying to solve the problems with the Apple iPhone 4 contract in the next nine months? How would these change the costs and profitability of Danshui Plant No. 2 and the iPhone 4 contract? Approach this from both Danshui's and Apple's point of view.
Recently Asked Questions
- Utility costs at Service, Inc. are a mixture of fixed and variable components. Records indicate that utility costs are an average of $0.40 per hour at an
- It is argued that the role of management accounting in the global age has increased more than ever. Do you agree with this argument? What are the implications
- ABC's selected data for the month of September 2014 related to current year are as follows (in Rs Mio): Begin WIPinventory2000 BeginDMinventory900 DM