This is a quick turnout: Can you please proofread this 400 words within 2 hours ?
Public speaking is one my biggest fear. As non-native English speak, I can say that I experience difficulties in developing and delivering a message when speaking to a group of people on stage, in a board room or during one-on-one conversation.
I recently purchased two books that were listed among the best-selling books for public speaking. The books are
A. The presentation secrets of Steve jobs by Garmine Gallo
B. Speak Like A CEO by Suzanne Bates
These books discussed the same communication techniques mentioned by the speaker, Abrahams M.
What are three communication techniques did I learn about speaking skills?
1. Structure Information: The speaker introduced the problem-solution-benefit structure which is the most prevalent and popular technique to communicate a message with audience. During the planning phase of my presentation, I always remember that is not about me. It is about my audience. The audience are asking themselves one question, why should I care?
Steve Jobs said, "You have got to start with the customer experience and work back toward the technology - not the other way around". Steve Jobs, May 25, 1997, Worldwide Developers Conference. To elaborate more, Steve Jobs recognized the problems during the iMac launch in 1998 that were associated with Apple computer before he unveiled the new iMac. Thus, he described the weaknesses of currents product (he stated a problem). Then, he introduced the new product (he provided a solution) and explain it in more details (he explained the benefit).
2. Use conversation language: The speaker shared how we use language that distances ourselves from the audience instead of engaging our audience. I believe that using inclusive language helps me break down the barriers between me and the audience. Words such you, your, our, and us help me connect and make my audience feel that we are all on the same team.
3. Practice: Steve Jobs refined and rehearsed his speeches serval times in order to reduce his anxiety. In fact, He used to practice making appreciably more eye contact with his audience in order to engage them in the presentation. My strategy is to practice my presentation serval times before I give it. Therefore, practice not only helps me perform better but also reduces anxiety because I will be confident and more prepared.
I used to try to memorize my remarks, but I forgot sometimes what I want to say. However, I learned that learning concepts, and practice phrasing. As a result, I will not be a slave to saying it word-for-word they it's written.
Recently Asked Questions
- If full-employment GDP is $600 billion and the economy is on AD1,
- write SQL statement for below: 1.Display all the columns in the table Order_T if the order has a product that is priced over $500. • Sort the result set
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from ART 101 Assignment 6.docx.