1) If you could either add or subtract to the Bill of Rights, what changes would you make and why? Provide a rationale as to why it would be a benefit for the nation?
2) In jury trials, the parties are generally entitled to strike any prosepective juror for cause, such as some relation to the defendant, or already-formed opinions about guilt. Do you feel that this process protects the integrity of the trial process in coming to a just verdict, or is it possible that the side with the most able and talented attorney is able to manipulate the jury composition in such a manner as to slant the jury one way or another before the trial even starts? Why or why not?
3) Under section 16913, all persons convicted under state sex offender laws are required to register in the state where they were convicted and any state to which they travel. Section 2250(a) then makes it a federal crime for a sex offender to travel to another state and fail to register as a sex offender in the arrival state. Do you feel that it is unfair stigmatization and punishment for sexual offenders to have to continue to register with authorities (and the subsequent community notification requirements based on offender level) for the rest of their life? Why or why not? What factors did you take into consideration?
4) Research the case of Pennsylvania Board of Probation and Parole v. Scott (1998) and summarize the case. Also include the answers to the following: What importance does this case have on the Exclusionary Rule? What is the basis for this exemption? Do you agree or disagree with this exemption? Why or Why not?
5) In order for a search to be consensual, there are conditions that must exist where the person consenting to the search has actual or apparent authority to grant consent. Do you think that parents should be able to grant consent to search for their children's bedrooms? Why or why not? What factors, if any, would you take into consideration? On what rationale do you use to base your opinion?
Recently Asked Questions
- Can someone please answer these questions that is due 4/26/18 @ 5pm Please thank you. Senses and Comprehensive Comprehensive 1. Be able to explain
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from 1330F12PracticeFinal. Additional comments: "How do you compute these
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Chap009.