1. What problems do "get tough" policies create for correctional operation? What benefits, if any, do they provide?
2. What is the basic ideas of the "de-carceration" movement currently being practiced in the U.S.?
3. Why do you think that private prisons have more problems with the operation of their facilities in terms of both inmate and staff management?
4. Would you argue that we as a country should continue to authorize the construction and operation of private prisons?
5. in your opinion, what current initiatives in corrections offer the most promise for the future?
6. Support this opinion with research and readings provided in this chapter.
Short answers are good!