The Prompt provided by my school: A recent event has caused uproar in demands for law
enforcement to be attentive to activities that could lead to terrorism or gang activity. Race has been a source of controversy because of the stereotypes and labels put on individuals from certain races and religious backgrounds.
Opinions about issues in society are often the catalyst for the foundations of social change. The combined opinions of all individuals determine society's position on an issue. Because criminal justice professionals have a first-hand view of the individuals who will be affected by the change, it is particularly crucial that they develop and advocate a position on an issue.
- Using the library, Internet, or any other available materials for adequate, accurate, and relevant support, address your position on this controversial issue.
- Propose 2 strategies for dealing with law enforcement subculture and racial profiling.
- One strategy is to be from an ethical perspective and the other should be in terms of keeping societal opinion from making significant changes in the functioning of systems and society as a whole.
This is the prompt. I do not understand what i am supposed to be righting for the second strategy where it says in terms of keeping societal opinion from making significant changes in functioning of systems and society as a whole. I need someone to explain please.
Recently Asked Questions
- Should the death penalty continue to be a punishment option?Why or why not? For what crimes should the death penalty be an option?Why?Could changes be made to
- Research the prosecution of Jared Loughner. In the prosecution of Jared Loughner for the shooting of Representative Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona. How does
- What are the relationships between different sources of law? How do we make a determination of when different sources of law may "supersede" one another? How