11. Chemiosmosis is used to generate ________ of the ATP from aerobic glucose
a. 90 percent
b. 30 percent
c. 60 percent
12. The citric acid cycle occurs in ________.
a. The matrix of mitochondria
b. The inner membrane of mitochondria
c. The cytoplasm
13. ________ generated by fermentation in muscles is sent to the liver for conversion back into pyruvic acid.
c. Lactic acid
14. All types of fermentation are necessary to ________.
a. Ensure an adequate supply of NAD+ is regenerated
b. Produce gases required by the environment
c. Ensure an adequate supply of ATP is regenerated.
15. Which of the below is required for photosynthesis?
a. Simple sugars
b. Carbon dioxide
16. The shorter a wavelength of light, the ________ energy it carries.
c. Wavelength does not affect the amount of energy in a wave.
17. The light-dependent reactions of photosynthesis generate ________ and ________ to carry solar energy.
a. Glucose; FAD
b. NADPH; ATP
c. ATP; FAD
18. Part of the light-independent reactions is known as fixation because ________.
a. It coverts inorganic carbon dioxide into organic carbohydrates
b. It is an extremely focused process
c. ATP is fixed into a more stable form
19. Triglyceride is a ________ that is connected to the glucose pathways.
c. Amino acid
20. The overall reaction for cellular respiration is ________.
a. Harmful to the planet due to its waste products
b. The continuation of photosynthesis
c. The reverse of photosynthesis