I am struggling with my 30 point assignment this week. My life is really busy right now and this thing is intimidating due to my lack of time to get it done. Friday is also my first wedding anniversary and I need to be able to spend time with my husband. I am happy to plop information into the powerpoint which correspond with UOP Library sources. Can anyone help me get this started and outlined? I am so nervous about it that I cannot even choose a product. I have thought about using the Apple iPhone, but am not sure. The research needed and detailed analysis are also intimidating me.
Purpose of Assignment
Students will develop cost curves on which firm behavior is based and will utilize these cost curves to determine the behavior of their chosen organization in the market served. Using the concept of comparative advantage, students analyze trade opportunities and use the model of supply and demand to explain factors that could affect demand, supply and prices. Students will determine various factors that could affect their organization's total revenue and will recommend actions the firm could use to maximize their profit and their presence in the market served.
Scenario: You have been given the responsibility of working with your organization's CEO to do a competitive market analysis of the potential success of one of their existing products.
Research an organization and a product produced by that organization in which an analysis can be conducted.
PREPARE A 13-15 SLIDE PPT PRESENTATION. YOU WILL NEED TO INCLUDE DETAILED SPEAKER NOTES. NO WORD DOCUMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Define the type of market in which your selected product will compete, along with an analysis of competitors and customers.
- Analyze any comparative advantages and international trade opportunities.
- Explain the factors that will affect demand, supply, and prices of that product.
- Examine factors that will affect Total Revenue, including but not limited to:
- Price elasticity of demand
- Factors that influence productivity
- Various measures of costs, including opportunity costs
- Externalities and government public policy and their effect on marginal revenue and marginal cost
- Recommend how your organization can maximize their profit-making potential and increase their presence within the market served by the product.
Cite a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources from the University Library.
Thank you so very much.