- In the Mundell-Fleming model, what are the two endogenous variables that appear in the goods-market equilibrium condition (after substituting in all relevant functions, e.g., C = C(Y − T), etc.)? How does this compare to the case in the (closed economy) IS-LM model? Be sure to explain the reason for any differences
- Briefly describe how "debt deflation" works; that is, how this mechanism might cause an unexpected fall in the price level to produce a large fall in output (e.g., in the Great Depression).
- Consider the IS-LM model, and suppose G increases by ∆G units. In general equilibrium, does output increase by more, less, or the same amount as µG × ∆G (where µG is the government spending multiplier introduced in chapter 10)? Be sure to explain why this is the answer.
Recently Asked Questions
- Glucose levels in patients free of diabetes are assumed to follow a normal distribution with a mean of 120 and a standard deviation of 16. (20 pts) What
- I am not sure how I am supposed to start this? Can you simply this for me?
- For the next fiscal year, you forecast net income of $ 50,000 and ending assets of $500,000 . Your firm's payout ratio is 10.0 %. Your