4. [25 points] Suppose that you have the following utility function:
U (L,Y ) = LY + 2Y , where L is hours of leisure and Y is other goods. The price
of Y is 1. For now suppose that wages are your only source of income. You
allocate 18 hours a day between work and leisure (and sleep during the remaining 6 hours).
- Assume that your hourly wage is 1. Write down your budget constraint.
- How many hours of labour would you supply when your hourly wage is 1? You can use any method you want.
- Now suppose that your hourly wage increases to 2. How many hours of labour would you supply now?
- Finally, imagine that you have received an inheritance which always pays you 8 dollars per day. The hourly wage is still 2. How many hours of labour will you supply?
Recently Asked Questions
- Select a product that you might want to purchase in the future (not a consumable but instead more of a larger ticket item). Examine the methods of online
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Suppose you are a consultant who travels the world to make
- A bond currently sells for $887 even though it has a par of $1,000. It was issued one year ago and had a maturity of 10 years. The coupon rate is 7% and the