4. [25 points] Suppose that you have the following utility function:
U (L,Y ) = LY + 2Y , where L is hours of leisure and Y is other goods. The price
of Y is 1. For now suppose that wages are your only source of income. You
allocate 18 hours a day between work and leisure (and sleep during the remaining 6 hours).
- Assume that your hourly wage is 1. Write down your budget constraint.
- How many hours of labour would you supply when your hourly wage is 1? You can use any method you want.
- Now suppose that your hourly wage increases to 2. How many hours of labour would you supply now?
- Finally, imagine that you have received an inheritance which always pays you 8 dollars per day. The hourly wage is still 2. How many hours of labour will you supply?
Recently Asked Questions
- r-Combinations A subset of size r is called an r-subset . Counting the number of ways to choose r number of items from a set when order does not matter is
- Write a 700- to 900-word essay that examines the cultural, traditional, and artistic context of chapter 12-16 and painting from the Ramayana . You must
- What is guitar Hero's current: Organization’s business model Market share Customer base Revenue Competitors SCM CRM