Economics in the News
August 21, 2013
Read the news article,
Mark Zuckerberg's big idea: The next 5 billion people, and then answer the following questions.
1. Why isn't everyone connected to the Internet?
For some people the _____ of an Internet connection exceeds the _____ , so they chose to not be connected to the Internet.
marginal cost; marginal benefit
marginal benefit; marginal cost
price; price of a cell phone
marginal cost; marginal cost of a television
2. Graphical Analysis.
The graph shows the PPF for Internet connection and other goods and services.
1. Draw a point on the graph that is efficient and that represents where we are today. Label it 1.
2. Draw a point on the graph that is efficient and that represents where Mark Zuckerberg wants to be. Label it 2.
3. Draw a point on the graph that is unattainable. Label it 3.
4. Draw a point on the graph that is inefficient. Label it 4.
1) Majority of the world population are still not connected to the... View the full answer