- TEDtalk #1 - Briefly describe the 6 'killer apps' and their importance and choose 1 app or example that seems particularly relevant to you and explain why.
- TEDtalk #2 - Describe the main arguments laid by Rosling and show how he corroborates or supports Fergusson's theory.
(Links to an external site.)
Links to an external site.
argues that the Western world shared 6 characteristics/institutions that allowed the rapid economic growth that took place since the 1850's (the great divergence). He also argues that the rest of the world is now catching up because they are acquiring those same institutions (convergence).
Hans Rosling, statistician specializing in global health and economic issues, reviews and predicts global growth patterns in this TEDtalk.
Recently Asked Questions
- ABC Ltd, an Australian based firm is a large manufacturing firms with 25 subsidiaries which operates from different part of the world. On 30th July 2018,
- Please advise what needs to be typed as a command into the skeleton file.
- 1) X, Y and Z are random vectors. Show that: (a) Var(X)=E(XX′)−E(X)E(X′). (b) Cov(X,Y)=(Cov(Y,X))′. (c) Var(X+Y)=Var(X)+Var(Y)+Cov(X,Y)+Cov(Y,X).