Select either kindergarten, first grade, or second grade and locate the early learning standards and content standards for that grade level. Identify a theme that addresses phonics, phonemic awareness, language development, and technology components.
Develop a lesson plan for a small group of learners based on the chosen theme that focuses on phonics and phonemic awareness.
Use the format of one of the "Lesson Plan Templates" as a resource and include the following:
- Clear, measurable learning objectives that align to early learning standards (ELS) as well as your state's subject standards
- Anticipatory set
- Guided practice
- Relevant materials and resources including visual or audio resources
- Differentiation of instruction to address the diverse needs of learners. Name the differentiation strategies used to achieve individual learning outcomes.
In a 100-250 word reflection, describe how this lesson plan supports phonics and phonemic awareness. Provide specific examples.
Use 1-3 scholarly resources.
Collect phonics and phonemic awareness activities to be included in your Literacy Themed Backpack Benchmark Assignment due in Topic 8.
APA format is not required, solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Homework 7 2016.pdf.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Study Guide Chapters 1 - 4 (1).docx.
- A sample of potassium nitrate (49.0 g) is dissolved in 101 g of water at 100°C, with precautions taken to avoid evaporation of any water. The solution is