CASE STUDY: USE OF GAME THEORY TO MAXIMIZE PROFITS
Due Week 7 and worth 250 points.
The following article describes the unique boarding process used by the Southwest Airlines.
Presh Talwalkar (2015) Southwest Airlines boarding and game theory
Use this article and at least three (3) others to answer the following questions:
- Describe the change in Southwest Airlines boarding process.
- What was Southwest's main goal in introducing the early-bird check-in?
- Explain how Southwest Airlines used the game theory approach to increase its profits.
- What is the outcome of the game involving early-bird check-in?
- Identify what is the passengers' dominant strategy.
- Determine why travelers face the Prisoner's Dilemma with the early-bird check-in process.
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of the early-bird check-in process for Southwest Airlines.
- Suggest ways in which other companies, or the company you work for, can utilize similar game approaches to maximize profits. Note: One of your references should help provide a rationale as to why this is a good approach for this company and needs to have been published within the last 6 months.
Please help me with this.
I will use it for good as a framework and getting insights
Appreciate in Advance!
Recently Asked Questions
- why would you be interested in this topic, "Cultural diversity in the workplace?"
- 1. How a trainer might go about selecting the most appropriate training method(s) for a training activity. Is one training method better than another?
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from BA623 – Business Modeling and Planning (Week 12) Exam 2A.odt.