1) An economy with a floating exchange rate is facing an inflationary gap tied to an unsustainable increase in the stock market.
a) Graph this situation with and AD/AS model
b) Should the central bank use expansionary or contractionary monetary policy to help with this issue?
c) Should the Fed buy or sell T-Bills to achieve their policy goal?
d) Draw the liquidity preference graph which shows what happens to interest rates (r)
and qty of money with the actions taken in part b.
e) Draw the US currency market (US dollars on x axis/exchange rate in euros on y axis) showing how part d impacts this market.
f) Graph the AD/SRAS/LRAS curves for this action. Be sure to label the inflationary gap that is being closed.
g) Specifically describe how this policy impacts the following (no need for explanations as to why but the direction of effect is required for each item):
1) interest rate
2) investment spending
3) consumer spending
4) real GDP
6) aggregate price level
7) US dollar value (appreciate or depreciate)
8) US exports
9) US imports
Recently Asked Questions
- What is the concentration of total nitrogen in 15 mg NH3/L, 3 mg NO2-/L and 13 mg NO3-/L in mg/L, moles/L, ppm and ppb?
- Douglas bonds mature in 10 years and have an annual coupon rate of 10.5 percent with semiannual payments. The $1,000 par value bond currently trades at $1,105
- Compute the probability of drawing a King from a deck of cards and then drawing a Queen .