You are the Chief Domestic (US) Officer of Hyundai Group, and you face an uncertain future with US trade restrictions and tariffs. The CEO has tasked you with developing the plan of action for the company's automotive division (this includes Hyundai and KIA). The CEO needs your recommendation of possible location choices to minimize any financial damage that the company would face if the trade situation worsens in the future. Currently, approximately 30 percent of cars produced in the company's US plants are exported to countries throughout the world except for China. The CEO wants your recommendation of possible location changes for the US operations. The company will likely not change location; however, the CEO wants to keep all options available for the near future.
Research on the several factors; these include but are not limited to:
· Relationship with the South Korean Government
· Availability of raw materials
· Availability of trained labor
· The ability of migration for senior and mid-level employees
· Proximity to markets
· The ability of the pliers to also locate
· Shipping costs of materials
· Reliability of shipping
· Infrastructure needs/situation.
· Transportation costs of exports
· Government subsidies to locate
The CEO wants to have several options (at least 3). While the operation will likely not move, the plan gives the company leverage in future negotiations. Address all the critical issues in the above list.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please read Snedaker Industry Spotlight #2 - Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery in Healthcare (Alternatively, you can read about HealthcareDRP and BCP
- 6.Use both the metal and the halogen activity series to predict whether each of the following reactions will occur. Write the formulas for the products and
- find the equation of tangent line to the function f(x)=2(square root of x) - 3x^2+ 2/(x^3)-2 : x=1