Macroeconomic Article Analysis
To provide students with an awareness of the
current economic scene and changes in
Canada and the international scene.
1. Students will research and analyze one article related to macroeconomics.
any other reputable news source in Canada.
2. Be sure to include the website link to your article in your report.
3. Students are to select one article and make report with the
following information. Please use appropriate sub-headings:
a) Summary of the Article
- focus on the title of the article and look for evidence
to support the key points
b) Cause-Effect Predictions for the Canadian Economy
- tie the article to terms and concepts learned in the
Macroeconomic section of the course...
i.e. GDP, Inflation, unemployment, CPI, etc.
- use three "if...then" statements showing the
economic impact on the Canadian economy...
i.e. If the inflation rate does not decline soon, then.....
c) Personal Opinion (Normative Statement)
- three points about what you think "should" be done
to better the Canadian economy
so you have to answer the questions with fill sentences
find an article and answer the questions