Read thoroughly Chapter 2 and 3( Global business today by Charles W. L. Hill Dr, G.Tomas M, Hult) respond to the
following questions. Do not copy and paste responses from the textbook. The value lies in external research.
Compare one of six pairs of countries and to do so along with several dimensions.
Choose one of the following pairs of countries.
South Korea and Ghana
India and Pakistan
Hong Kong and China
Chile and Venezuela
Germany and South Africa
New Zealand and Canada
Compare them in terms of the following factors:
1. Political system
- Totalitarianism, Socialism, or Democracy
- Common law, civil law, or theocratic law, etc.
- Market, command, mixed economies, etc.
- Freedom Index World Freedom in the World 2019
3. Culture Hofstede Insights
- Power distance
- Uncertainty avoidance
- Time orientation
- Indulgence vs. restraint
- The overall culture in the respective countries? (Refer to the Determinants of Culture)
- 4. Attitude towards trade
- Open or closed? Globalization and Innovation or isolated?
- Free trade or protection?
Recently Asked Questions
- The company below is the only company that produces smartphones. Below indicates the demand and cost function. How do i identify the optimal output and price
- Why do you think it is important for the Central Bank to protect the value of the currency?
- During a recession, the prices of goods and services goes down due to low demand. In order to stay in business, service providers may elect to offer their