c. unit elastic.
d. stretchy elastic.
2. Which of the following pairs are examples of substitutes?
a. Popcorn & Pepsi
b. Automobiles & Bicycles
c. Boats & Fishing Tackle
d. Wine & Cheese
3. When we say that a price in a competitive market is "too high to clear the market" we usually mean that (given upward-sloping supply curves).
a. no producer can cover the costs of production at that price
b. quantity supplied exceeds quantity demanded at that price
c. producers are leaving the industry
d. consumers are willing to buy all the units produced at that price
4. Which of the following statements is incorrect? Assume upward-sloping supply curves.
a. If the supply curve shifts left and the demand remains constant, equilibrium price will rise.
b. If the demand curve shifts left and the supply increase, equilibrium price will rise.
c. If the supply curve shifts right and the demand curve shifts left, equilibrium price will fall.
d. If the demand curve shifts right and the supply curve shifts left, price will rise.
Section Two: Short Answer (250 words or less)
1.Define "Elasticity of Demand". Give an example.
2.Define the "Law of diminishing Marginal utility". Give an example.
3.Demonstrate, using supply and demand analysis, the impact on the equilibrium price and quantity of new Hybrid automobiles when the following occurs. Using graphs as we did in the notes we worked with in Week 1, describe the change in the equilibrium price and quantity, and explain your answer. Is the equilibrium price higher, lower, or is the change indeterminate? Is the equilibrium quantity higher, lower, or is the change indeterminate?
b.Interest rates decrease
c.The price of batteries used in the production of these vehicles decreases.
d.The price of gasoline decreases
4.Determine if the demand for the following products is price elastic or price inelastic, and explain your answer.
a.Box of cereal sold in a grocery store
b.Gasoline as a commodity
c.Gasoline sold at a local gasoline station
d.Fast food sold at a restaurant
e.Hotel rooms for people planning a vacation
f.Hotel rooms for people on business to meet an important client
g.Clothes sold in a discount retailer
5.Name three types of market systems and give an example of each.
6.Define the "Law of Demand" and the "Law of Supply". Give an example for each.
This question was asked on Apr 15, 2010.
Recently Asked Questions
- Have you personally experienced aurora? If so, where were you? What were the conditions? How did it appear?
- 1. What are some of the major problems and issues that prisons face today? What new problems might the future bring? 2. Which would you consider to
- Hi! I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong on journal entry and T account excel homework sheet. If anyone can help me, I would be so incredibly grateful!