You are answering these questions so that you will consider how a country's resources affect a company's decision to locate there.
1. Which region of the world are you to choose from?
Choose three countries, one from each of the following three regions- 1) Central or South America, 2) Europe, or 3) Asia or Africa. Your task is to gather the necessary information from these three countries to help you make your final recommendation
2. What comprises the necessary information?
At a minimum, you must collect data that would answer the following questions. Feel free to include other information that might be of value when making your recommendation, but the following information is absolutely required. You will answer the following questions for each of the three countries chosen:
Does the country have a stable government that will make this a safe place to establish your factory?
What type of economic system is utilized (market, command, mixed, traditional)?
What are the primary imports and exports?
The per capita GDP gives information about average salaries. Compare this country's per capita GDP to the United States. Would you consider the people to be rich or poor?
What is the estimated labor force?
Considering the unemployment rate (anything over 7% as being high), would this country have enough available workers to support your factory?
To determine the education level of your prospective employees, what is the literacy rate?
What are the natural resources? Is there a connection between its natural resources and the products it makes?
Consider the transportation features and available ports in your country. What does this tell you about trade and shipping capabilities for this country?
What cultural aspects should you be aware of (religion and language)?
Recently Asked Questions
- Psychographic analysis and behavioral analyses are examples of methods of ________ .
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) created a procedure to select a symmetric-key encryption algorithm to protect sensitive federal
- 4. Give an example we have discussed about income purification. Why is such purification necessary?