You are answering these questions so that you will consider how a country's resources affect a company's decision to locate there.
1. Which region of the world are you to choose from?
Choose three countries, one from each of the following three regions- 1) Central or South America, 2) Europe, or 3) Asia or Africa. Your task is to gather the necessary information from these three countries to help you make your final recommendation
2. What comprises the necessary information?
At a minimum, you must collect data that would answer the following questions. Feel free to include other information that might be of value when making your recommendation, but the following information is absolutely required. You will answer the following questions for each of the three countries chosen:
Does the country have a stable government that will make this a safe place to establish your factory?
What type of economic system is utilized (market, command, mixed, traditional)?
What are the primary imports and exports?
The per capita GDP gives information about average salaries. Compare this country's per capita GDP to the United States. Would you consider the people to be rich or poor?
What is the estimated labor force?
Considering the unemployment rate (anything over 7% as being high), would this country have enough available workers to support your factory?
To determine the education level of your prospective employees, what is the literacy rate?
What are the natural resources? Is there a connection between its natural resources and the products it makes?
Consider the transportation features and available ports in your country. What does this tell you about trade and shipping capabilities for this country?
What cultural aspects should you be aware of (religion and language)?
Recently Asked Questions
- 2)A firm has total assets of $592395, current assets of $186859, current liabilities of $143545, and total debt of $210421. What is the debt-equity ratio?
- 1. Based on your three trials, what is the most likely number of water molecules in the hydrate of magnesium sulfate? Remember that this must be a
- A study was conducted of pleas made by 1,032 criminals. Among those criminals, 954 pled guilty, and 394 of them were sentenced to prison. Among the 78 of the