2) The following table reports the distribution of profits (on a per-disc basis) for different steps in the vertical chain for music compact discs:
Artist: $ .60
Record company: $1.80
Retailer: $ .60
Use the five forces to explain this pattern. (Note: There are about half a dozen major record companies, including Warner, Sony, and Polygram. They are responsible for signing up artists, handling technical aspects of recording, securing distribution, and promoting the recordings.)
3) Consumers often identify brand names with quality. Do you think branded products usually are of higher quality than generic products and therefore justify their higher prices? If so, why don't all generic product makers invest to establish a brand identity, thereby enabling them to raise price?
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from crime.
- I need to figure out if a baseball is thrown upward with an initial velocity of 110 feet per second (75 miles per hour) and it is released 5 feet above the
- Quasi-Experimental Designs Statistics Tutoring Program A student club is trying to decide whether to implement a peer tutoring program for students who are