8. If a producer overproduces and sets the price of his product too high to allow him to sell all of his production, does this cause a surplus or an excess supply condition?
9. What entity establishes a price floor and does it require government sanction for violators? Will it result in a surplus or a shortage?
10. An increase in the supply of a good is expected to have what effect on its price? What will be the effect on the demand for substitutes?
11. If the own-price elasticity of demand for gasoline is -.2 and there is a 10% increase (+.10) in the price of gasoline, what will be the percentage change to the equilibrium demand for gasoline?
12. Define a black market in terms of a Price Ceiling.
13. A regulated transportation monopoly is losing money. The Monopoly goes to its government regulators with a request to raise their rates (price). An economist on the regulatory commission says that raising rates will bring in less revenue as customers change to substitute forms of transportation. The Monopoly and the economist have different views of the elasticity of demand for the monopolyâ??s transportation services. Which one thinks the demand is inelastic and which one thinks it is elastic?
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from GOVT2305PublicPolicy1Summer2014. Additional comments: "(1) What role did
- -The null hypothesis: H₀: -The alternative hypothesis: H₁: -The type of test statistic: (Z, t, Chi square, F) -The value of the test statistics: -The two
- What is the glymphatic system? How does this relate to sleep and possible treatments of neurological diseases? Is there anything that would help improve this