Directions answer all Questions:
Please post the answers to Questions 1 , 2, 3, 4, 5,6 in the ANSWER BOX below
1) A product's Demand Curve is: Qd = - P + 25, and its Supply Curve is: Qs = 10 + 2P.
Algebraically determine the equilibrium price and quantity.
2.The figure below shows a firm in a perfectly competitive market: (No explanation needed.
Please provide the answer(s) only. Thanks)
a. Determine the Shut- down Price
b. Identify the firm’s short run Supply curve (must specify all the letters representing the supply curve.)
3.Fill in the blanks to complete the following statements.
"Assume a perfectly competitive market is initially in long-run equilibrium. In the short run, a decrease in raw materials prices will cause the firm's average costs to (a)________. As a result, the profits of existing firms will (b)._______. However, over the long run, this will cause the number of firms in the market to (c).________, and market price will (d).________ until firms once again earn a (e). ----------- _______ _________"
4.Assuming the firm shown in the graph below is a perfectly competitive equilibrium rather than a monopolist, what would the price and output be if the firm wants to maximize profits?
Question # Answers
Please scroll down for Q.5 and Q.6
Please post the graphs for questions 5 and 6 in a separate file, named GRAPHS. Thanks.
5. A product's Market Demand Curve is: Qd = 25 - P, and its Market Supply Curve is: Qs = 10 + 2P. Plot the demand and supply curves on the same graph, then use the graph to respond to the following : When P = $20, what is the difference in output, if any, between Qd and Qs?
**Please report your answers in the Answer Box. Thanks.
6. Consider the demand and supply curves in Q.5.
Assume market demand increases and that the new demand curve is now Qd = 50 – P. Further assume the government provides to each firm, a subsidy of $40 per unit of output produced. Thus the supply curve now becomes Qs = 10 + 2(P+40).
Develop a graph for the new demand and supply curves. Then use the graph to find the new equilibrium price and quantity.
**Please report your answers in the Answer Box. Thanks
Recently Asked Questions
- IoT for wireless devices Need notes on this Need help with my PPT
- what are the differences between conservative and liberal views on domestic policy.
- Terry's Ltd is a fast growing technology company that paid a $1.25 dividend last week. The company's expected growth rates over the next four years are as