Directions answer all Questions:
Please post the answers to Questions 1 , 2, 3, 4, 5,6 in the ANSWER BOX below
1) A product's Demand Curve is: Qd = - P + 25, and its Supply Curve is: Qs = 10 + 2P.
Algebraically determine the equilibrium price and quantity.
2.The figure below shows a firm in a perfectly competitive market: (No explanation needed.
Please provide the answer(s) only. Thanks)
a. Determine the Shut- down Price
b. Identify the firm’s short run Supply curve (must specify all the letters representing the supply curve.)
3.Fill in the blanks to complete the following statements.
"Assume a perfectly competitive market is initially in long-run equilibrium. In the short run, a decrease in raw materials prices will cause the firm's average costs to (a)________. As a result, the profits of existing firms will (b)._______. However, over the long run, this will cause the number of firms in the market to (c).________, and market price will (d).________ until firms once again earn a (e). ----------- _______ _________"
4.Assuming the firm shown in the graph below is a perfectly competitive equilibrium rather than a monopolist, what would the price and output be if the firm wants to maximize profits?
Question # Answers
Please scroll down for Q.5 and Q.6
Please post the graphs for questions 5 and 6 in a separate file, named GRAPHS. Thanks.
5. A product's Market Demand Curve is: Qd = 25 - P, and its Market Supply Curve is: Qs = 10 + 2P. Plot the demand and supply curves on the same graph, then use the graph to respond to the following : When P = $20, what is the difference in output, if any, between Qd and Qs?
**Please report your answers in the Answer Box. Thanks.
6. Consider the demand and supply curves in Q.5.
Assume market demand increases and that the new demand curve is now Qd = 50 – P. Further assume the government provides to each firm, a subsidy of $40 per unit of output produced. Thus the supply curve now becomes Qs = 10 + 2(P+40).
Develop a graph for the new demand and supply curves. Then use the graph to find the new equilibrium price and quantity.
**Please report your answers in the Answer Box. Thanks
Recently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between an income statement and a cash flow statement? Please also explain how each are used. Emergency Response Mary Ann, a medical
- According to IDC , Apple 's share of the smartphone market was 40.4 % during a recent quarter . A random sample of 90 smartphone users was selected . The
- Picture a competitive market with the usual upward sloping supply curve and downward sloping demand curve . If the current price is creating a shortage , then