Utilitarianism: the political philosophy according to which the government should chose policies to maximize the total utility of everyone in society.
Liberalism: the political philosophy according to which the government should chose policies deemed to be just, as evaluated by an impartial observer behind a veil of ignorance.
Libertarianism: the political philosophy according to which the government should punish crimes and enforce voluntary agreements but not redistribute income
Please answer the following questions:
1. Which political philosophy would you support? Why?
2. Taxes are often used as a means of distributing income. What kind of tax system would you favor (regressive, flat, progressive)? Why?
3. Do you think government should have a role in redistributing income? If so, in what ways? If not, why not?
Recently Asked Questions
- ENG 315 Professional experience #3 Help me locate an article, video, or other resource that relates to using PowerPoint or effective slide design. - Make
- the economic theory on the concept and its effect on the economy? concepts include demand and supply, consumer behavior and choices, costs of firms,
- Need help cant figures these out. TRIG ! Ugh How do you find the exact value of all angles in the interval [0,2π) for theses equations? 1) 2cos(2θ)-1=0 2)