Utilitarianism: the political philosophy according to which the government should chose policies to maximize the total utility of everyone in society.
Liberalism: the political philosophy according to which the government should chose policies deemed to be just, as evaluated by an impartial observer behind a veil of ignorance.
Libertarianism: the political philosophy according to which the government should punish crimes and enforce voluntary agreements but not redistribute income
Please answer the following questions:
1. Which political philosophy would you support? Why?
2. Taxes are often used as a means of distributing income. What kind of tax system would you favor (regressive, flat, progressive)? Why?
3. Do you think government should have a role in redistributing income? If so, in what ways? If not, why not?
Recently Asked Questions
- Use the internet to further research the organisation: http://stocklandcorporatereporting2014.com.au/about-stockland--area?zoom=true 6. Explain how and why
- There are four market models: perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly and monopoly. Briefly discuss the assumptions of each of these four
- Kestrel Pty Ltd (Kestrel) is a small family company which operates a business breeding kestrels, eagles, falcons and other large birds of prey. Kim, Kourtney