1. Reduce the excess capacity in the industry as firms expand production
2. Attract other firms to enter the industry because the barriers to entry are low
3. Cause firms to standardize their product to limit the degree of competition
4. Make the industry allocatively efficient as each firm seeks to maintain its profits
Recently Asked Questions
- A football is kicked with a speed of 20.0 m/s at an angle of 22.0 o to the horizontal. How long is the football in the air? Neglect air resistance.
- According to Porter's discussion of industry analysis, is Pepsi Cola a substitute for Coca-Cola? Why, or why not? If you worked for another soft drink company,
- A projectile is fired horizontally with an initial speed of 68.0 m/s. Neglect air resistance. What is the speed (in m/s) of the projectile 4.8 s after it is