1. Reduce the excess capacity in the industry as firms expand production
2. Attract other firms to enter the industry because the barriers to entry are low
3. Cause firms to standardize their product to limit the degree of competition
4. Make the industry allocatively efficient as each firm seeks to maintain its profits
Recently Asked Questions
- During which period did the authority of the federal government grow considerably?
- Watch the streaming video Music of the Brain and discuss the role of music in shaping the human brain? You need to quote and cite one source from this video.
- Consider the following three statements: (1) The momentum effect is one of the puzzling phenomena in empirical finance; (2) Fama and French argue that this