2. If you take away $1 from a rich person and give it to a poor person, the rich person loses less utility than the poor person gains. Agree or disagree. Defend your answer with economic principles and the reasons why.
3.Should businesses profit from war? Defend your answer with economic principles and the reasons why.
4. Many airline routes worldwide are served by only one airline (a monopoly). Within the U.S., these are often from a small or mid-sized city to a major carrier hub and frequently operated by a regional carrier under contract to the larger airline.
1. Will these monopolies typically earn economic profits?
2. Why do not other airlines enter these monopoly routes?
3. Is price discrimination likely? If so, what type (1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree)? Will price discrimination increase profts?
5. Considering companies operate in their own self interest, should cartels be legal? Defend your position using economic principles. Are there economic policies available to break a cartel? If so, what are they?
6.Should the United States pass a minimum wage that assures all workers earn a wage above the poverty level? Defend your position using economic principles.
7.Should an athlete, having no formal education or no apparent skills training, earn $1 million plus annually for sweating? Defend your position using economic principles.
Recently Asked Questions
- Can some one show me how to do number 7 and 9? Thanks!
- 4 choose questions, and I need the answers and how it be calculate as soon as possible, Thanks! A machine in a juice packaging plant is designed to dispense an
- Year 0 – Purchase 20% for $1 million Year 3 - Purchase 25% for $4 million Year 5 - Purchase 10% for $5 million Year 6 – Company is sold for $120 million.