2. If you take away $1 from a rich person and give it to a poor person, the rich person loses less utility than the poor person gains. Agree or disagree. Defend your answer with economic principles and the reasons why.
3.Should businesses profit from war? Defend your answer with economic principles and the reasons why.
4. Many airline routes worldwide are served by only one airline (a monopoly). Within the U.S., these are often from a small or mid-sized city to a major carrier hub and frequently operated by a regional carrier under contract to the larger airline.
1. Will these monopolies typically earn economic profits?
2. Why do not other airlines enter these monopoly routes?
3. Is price discrimination likely? If so, what type (1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree)? Will price discrimination increase profts?
5. Considering companies operate in their own self interest, should cartels be legal? Defend your position using economic principles. Are there economic policies available to break a cartel? If so, what are they?
6.Should the United States pass a minimum wage that assures all workers earn a wage above the poverty level? Defend your position using economic principles.
7.Should an athlete, having no formal education or no apparent skills training, earn $1 million plus annually for sweating? Defend your position using economic principles.
This question was asked on Aug 08, 2012.
Recently Asked Questions
- The attachment is the case study, according to the case the question is " Assume that repatriation hospitals do not collect data on bed days by principal
- trace the evolutionary history and adaptive significance of: The Human Hand (with long, strong opposable thumb, short fingers, precision and power grip etc)
- need help with this physical chemistry. please help me asap. i will appreciate it.