Price/Computer Quantity Demanded Quantity Supplied
$200 1000 2200
175 1250 2050
150 1500 1900
125 1750 1750
100 2000 1600
75 2250 1450
50 2500 1300
25 2750 1150
1. Using Microsoft Excel, draw a graph illustrating the supply and demand in this market.
2. What is the equilibrium Price and Quantity in the market?
3. Now suppose the government imposes a special tax on these computers. Describe what would happen in this market in terms of the supply and demand curve.
4. Disregard the new tax in part three. Now assume that the government imposes a price ceiling of $100 in this market, as a result of protests of price gauging by the sellers. What would happen to the price and quantity in this market?
5. Disregard the events of part four. Assume that the manufacturers of this product lobby the government’s lawmakers, in terms of this product being an essential for college students but they are considering halting production due to the lack of profits. The lawmakers agree and now set a price floor at $150. What would happen in this market?
6. If consumers’ expectations were such that they were concerned about the economy and jobs, what would you think would happen in this market?
Present your analysis in Excel format. Enter non-numerical responses in the same worksheet using textboxes.
This question was asked on Jan 14, 2013 and answered on Jan 15, 2013.
Recently Asked Questions
- Using the map provided, identify and discuss four historical places and/or geographical features located in the state of Missouri. For each item identified,
- (TCO 1) Signal loss due to an object in the path causing the wave to bend is known as _____. diffraction reflection refraction defraction
- Oral contraceptives taken by women ________________________. Question 5 options: a) allow fertilization, but blocks development b)inhibit sperm migration