1. Calculate the Disposable Income (DI) at each level of GDP.
2. Calculate total spending (C+I+G) at each level of GDP.
3. What is the equilibrium level of GDP in the economy?
4. When the economy is at equilibrium, what is the level of saving?
5. What is the value of the MPC?
6. What is the value of the expenditure multiplier?
7. What is the value of the tax multiplier?
8. If the government increases spending by $100, what would be the new equilibrium value of GDP?
9. If the government wanted to achieve the same change in GDP as in part 8 by cutting taxes instead of increasing spending, how large would the tax cut need to be?
Great question... View the full answer