There is no rush on this one. It is not due yet. Thank you for all your work.
Econ 203 Case Study Workforce Activity
As a sample workforce activity, assume your employer has asked you to develop an economic analysis and a set of policy recommendations. To complete this activity, select a news article dated within the previous two months.
- Clearly summarize the issue presented in the article
- Use critical thinking to analyze the issue using economic concepts and theory learned in our class
- Present two policy recommendations based on this issue
- Use additional references to back up your arguments
- Include at least one graph developed in the course. Charts and tables are also encouraged.
- Use clear and effective writing in your presentation.
Possible concepts include:
- taxes and consumer or producer surplus (Week 4)
- demand, supply, and equilibrium price of a particular product (Week 2)
- elasticity on a particular product (Week 3)
- perfect competition and imperfect competition, such as monopolies (Weeks 6-8)
- labor market, wages, and income inequality (Week 8)
- poverty and public policy (Week 8)
- pricing and competition in the high tech sector (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Cell phone providers)
Your paper should:
be a total of 800 to 1200 words,
include a bibliography with at least three references, presented in APA style,
have been spell-checked and grammar-checked using Word’s review utility.