Visit the Fed's site on open market operations:
1) Pick a given year for the federal funds rate target change. (If you want to pick a year before 2003, click on 'Historical Archive')
2) State which year you selected and what fed funds rate changes occurred during that year.
3) Explain why the Fed opted to make the changes you observed (outside research may be necessary).
4) Do you think the Fed's policies were correct in hindsight? Did they seem to achieve the Fed's goals? Explain your reasoning.
Choosing the year 2003. During this year, Fed kept the funds rate target at 1% Reasons why Fed kept the rate at 1% 1. Fed... View the full answer
- This is the best answer, correct and covers 2007-2008 economic crush origination. It explains where the 'rain started beating the US economy'. Choose as the best and rate, Thank you.
- Jul 20, 2016 at 5:49am