2. A laser diode has a threshold current of 10 mA and emits at 3 mW/mA rate. A diode current of 15 + 5sin t (mA) produces an optical signal, which is coupled into a 10-km long SI fiber having a loss rate of 2-dB/km and a numerical aperture of 0.24. The signal output of laser has a 50-dB signal to noise ratio (SNR). Compute the signal power (in dBm) and signal to noise ratio (in dB) at the output of this fiber.
3. An “analog system” has a bandwidth of 10 MHz, a photodetector of = 0.5 A/W and ID = 1 nA, and a SNR of 40 dB. The receiver’s temperature is 27 C and the load resistance is 50 .
(a) How much optic power must reach the receiver?
(b) complete the system design if the fiber length is 5 km
4. Design a digital system transmitting a 100 Mbps NRZ signal
over a 20-km path. The error rate must be 10^-9 or better.
Recently Asked Questions
- II. Come up with two discussion questions. a. One about Haydn's career as a court servant. b. One which deals with the cultural and economic factors that
- assume gas is still $4 per gallon and I still make $2000 per month and consume 50 gallons of gas, but no diesel. If I get a raise to $2500 per month, and my
- How many bones are there in the adult body ?