1) What advantages would the transfer of the bioelectric capability from fish to pineapples have as far as energy resources are concerned?
2) Compute the implied efficiency of the Lenfest pineapple at producing electric energy and compare it to the efficiency of a typical photovoltaic cell with comment upon the reasonableness of the comparison.
3) What other issues distinguish solar photovoltaic from bioelectric power generation?
4) Besides supplying electric energy, pineapples supply biomass. What are the relative sizes of the electric and biomass energy resources represented by pineapples? State the assumptions and/or estimates used in your calculations.
5) How large an area of pineapple plantation would be needed to supply the energy needs of a typical US resident? The typical electric energy needs of a US resident? For all US residents? State assumptions for your calculations.
6) What impact could Lenfest pineapples have upon carbon management?
Recently Asked Questions
- A child swings on a swing with a small amplitude so that it can be treated as a simple pendulum . If the child swings with a period of 6.3 seconds , and air
- p . 15 Computers used to facilitate the company's achievement of its objectives , but not part of the final product would be BEST described as :
- __________In the short run , the profit-maximizing behaviour for a price-taking firm requires it to operate where