Part I. Verb Tense
For each of the sentences below, identify the tense of the underlined verb. Explain why that tense is required within the context of the sentence. It will be necessary, therefore, to look for other clues in the sentence to help establish that context.
1. Our train leaves at four-thirty tomorrow morning.
2. If you mowed your lawn every week, the neighbors wouldn't complain so much.
3. If you are asking me where to find Tom, I think he'll be in the cafeteria.
4. The moon revolves around the earth.
5. Susan is painting her garage right now.
Recently Asked Questions
- In what ways did patterns of migration to, from, and within North America change between 1640 and the 1690s? How did changing demography impact the continent
- Guess Klein produces designer clothing such as T- shirts and jeans from fabric purchased from several nearby factories. The company's factory has two
- G and H are mutually exclusive P(G) = 0.5 and P(H) = 0.3 Find P(H or G) Is the answer .8 or how do you get it?