Rhetorical Modes in Writing for Success.
Strategies or modes development can include the following:
- Process Analysis
- Comparison Contrast
- Cause and Effect
These modes are often listed in the verb form as well. In ENG101 or in another Composition I course, you may have written essays using those strategies. In this class, you will continue to do so as well, but you will deepen your approach as you apply them to the creation of an argumentative essay.
As a developing writer, it is important to continue employing and developing these modes to maximize the effect of your message. Think of a recent piece of writing of any length that you produced at work or home, and in which you used one or more of these calculated moves to achieve a desired effect.
For this post, in 100-.400 words, consider the following questions:
- What strategy or combination of strategies of development do you remember using?
- How or why did you choose the strategies of development?
- What effect did they produce on your audience?
- How do you know this effect was achieved?
Recently Asked Questions
- Analyze the financial performance and financial condition of Palomar Health. Provide recommendations to the board of directors about how Palomar Health can
- What are some potential future risks that may arise from the recommended virtual communication tools?
- Jorge makes a simple discount note with a face value of $6000.00, a term of 240 days, and a 10% discount rate. Find the discount.