Step 1 - Rough Draft: In an original post, attach a copy of your Essay Rough Draft and include a brief note to
your fellow students that explains the following:
- what worries/concerns you have about your paper
- how well you think you have achieved the assignment's purpose
Post by the deadline listed on syllabus/schedule.
Step 2 - Peer Review: (Adapted from a Mike Michaud's Bedford Bits blog post.) Write a brief letter in response to one student's essay that answers the following:
- "Given your understanding of the assignment, what is working about the writer's first draft? What is good? What do you like? (Point to three specific aspects of his/her draft that are working or 'good')."
- "Given your understanding of the assignment, what in regard to this draft needs work? (Point to three specific aspects of his/her draft that can be improved)."
Use the Essay Assignment Prompt and Directions plus the rubric for the assignment to determine your understanding of the assignment.
Recently Asked Questions
- How is Nathaniel Hawthorne's story "The Birthmark" a good example of Dark Romanticism? Refer to specific details from the works as you respond
- Greetings! I am currently working on completing a Plot Diagram analyzing Book 10 of "The Odyssey" called "The Grace of the Witch". My plot diagram consists of
- What is the relationship between visual media and the social construction of gender?