- Examine how Addison's essay "On the Scale of Being" reflects eighteenth-century political, religious, and/or scientific thought. You must refer to the essay in developing your paper. You might want to consider some or all of the following questions:
- In what ways does Addison's essay reflect the compatibility of eighteenth-century ideas about science and religion?
- Which thinkers most influenced Addison?
Length: Three to four pages
Audience: Assume that your reader has read the literary work about which you are writing but has done no research on the historical, cultural, or generic context of the work.
Source Requirement: In addition to the literary work you are analyzing, use three to five outside sources appropriate for an academic paper.
Recently Asked Questions
- Define g : Q → Z by g ( p/q ) = p , where p/q is a rational number expressed in its lowest terms with a positive denominator. Then g is a surjection, but not
- In the Gettysburg Address "The sentence now we are engaged in a great civil war testing whether that nation or any other nation so conceived and so dedicated
- I have a question regarding strict liability. For example: Greg owns a online business store and he purchased a stolen product from a guy named Sam. Later it