- Examine how Addison's essay "On the Scale of Being" reflects eighteenth-century political, religious, and/or scientific thought. You must refer to the essay in developing your paper. You might want to consider some or all of the following questions:
- In what ways does Addison's essay reflect the compatibility of eighteenth-century ideas about science and religion?
- Which thinkers most influenced Addison?
Length: Three to four pages
Audience: Assume that your reader has read the literary work about which you are writing but has done no research on the historical, cultural, or generic context of the work.
Source Requirement: In addition to the literary work you are analyzing, use three to five outside sources appropriate for an academic paper.
Recently Asked Questions
- "McCarthyism, Response to Communist Threat or Political Witch Hunt?" read the topic I already Uploaded under HIST 1302
- "Prohibition, Is the Banning Alcohol a Social Necessity or Restriction of Freedom?" Read the topic I already uploaded under HIST 1302
- How did white's who were not slave owners feel about slavery?