I need help with this homework: The article is "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris
As you prepare to submit Assignment 2, Milestone 1: First Draft, you'll want to re-read your selected reading and take additional notes. You will also want to review the material from Module 4 and start pulling specific lines, passages, and ideas from the text to help support the notes you took in the Writing Plan Draft.
Writing Plan: Use this writing plan as a way to gather your thoughts and determine your strategy for writing your critical analysis essay. This process will allow you to develop a potential structure for effectively communicating and supporting your claim. This plan will be helpful in keeping your thought process on track when you begin writing and revising your essay.
- Determine the author's claim to be addressed in your analysis essay. Your determination of the author's goal must be derived from one of the provided articles.
- Determine author's key points and rationale that will be helpful in supporting the validity of your claim.
- Identify the audience that will be reading your essay. What potential challenges will you have supporting your claim with this demographic?
- Establish your goal that you hope to accomplish with your essay. For example, you may disagree with the author and demonstrate why he or she is incorrect, or you may agree but want to further substantiate his or her claim.
- Based on your claim, determine potential places where evidence would be most effective. Defend your choices. For example, if you disagree with an author's point you would want to use evidence to support your view.
- Identify a revision strategy that would be most effective in informing you while writing this essay. Why would this strategy be effective?
- How will this essay benefit from receiving feedback from an outside party? How can that feedback be integrated
Below is my paper i wrote:
After reading "Me Talk Pretty One Day" again, Sedaris' purpose is to educate readers on his personal experience with relocating to France and the difficulty of learning French. He also wants the readers to know that no matter how hard the situation, work hard to achieve your goal. In general life it's stressful and full of everyday challenges, but at the end we all go thru similar experiences and we all do what we can to accomplish our goals. Sedaris described his experiences while having to learn a new language and dealing with a difficult teacher. He eventually realized that he was able to understand French and it was accomplished with all his hard work. The knowledge I gained from learning the ways of analyzing has helped me figure out the way to proceed with my essay.
The key points I obtained from the article remain the same, in the article he states, " I'd spend four hours a night on my homework, working even longer whenever we were assigned an essay." David is working hard and putting in hours of studying because he is determined to not give up. He knows that the more he studies and hardier he works, he will show the teacher that he is really trying to learn the language. "Over time, it became impossible to believe that any of us would ever improve." David is losing hope that he or his fellow classmates will learn French. Learning a new language is not easy. "The world opened up, and it was with great joy that I responded," "I know the thing what you speak exact now. Talk me more, plus, please, plus." David can now breathe a sigh of relief because he can now understand what the teacher says to him. He never gave up and his hard work paid off. The author still aims to motivate other students in his similar situation, or just anyone that is going thru a hard moment in life. The main points have not changed even with the new analysis techniques gained. The new techniques will help in the reinforcement of the key points with proper statements. Even after conducting an active reading of the article, my key points remain strong and will help achieve the author's goal.
The audience who will be reading my essay will be fellow students, or anyone in a similar situation as the author from the article. In the essay Sedaris emphasizes the importance of being successful and how they should embrace it by working hard. The challenges I will have with supporting my argument with this demographic will be that many people don't strive to achieve their goals. When it gets too hard for them they tend to just give up.
My goal is to show my audience the authors main purpose regarding the article. This will help my audience have a better understanding to why the author is sharing his story. I agree with the author's goal and the point he is trying to get across. I will also use key point from the article to validate his claim.
The best place where evidence would be effective, would be in the body of the article. I will make sure in each paragraph, I provide evidence that supports each key point. This will help make sure my claim stands firm. Elaborating in each of my key points will help the reader with a deeper understanding of the article. Providing all the evidence I need will help form a strong foundation, in which my claim will stand strong and provide a smooth transition throughout the article.
My own writing can improve from receiving feedback from an outside party because having other eyes view my essay will help with simple mistakes. That will also allow others to give their feedback on any changes that need to be made regarding either the format of my essay or maybe even ideas on what could be added to help improve it. They can help me make sure I am using correct citation. That feedback will really be useful because I can incorporate it back in my essay. My goal is to use all the feedback from outside parties to make a great essay for others to reference back to in the future.
The revision strategy that would be most effective in informing me while writing my essay would be peer evaluation. I believe that having someone offer advice along the way will help to guide me in my essay. It will help me in keeping my essay on topic and making sure I'm using the right format as I go. It will help keep everything in order if someone is helping me along the way. Just having someone else read my essay and giving their feedback, will be more effective than reviewing it myself.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Metabo-Herb Activity—Critical Question SetsActivity 1. Additional
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from 6.5.3 Don Funk Music Video 1.pdf. Additional comments: "I cannot
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Signature Assignment- Short-Term Funding. Additional comments: "The