The following worksheet is based on:
S. Beckett 'Endgame'.
Please answer questions 1 and 2 plus any 2 other questions:
1. Briefly describe the play's plot.
2. Pick a quotation from the lay that you found interesting; explain the meaning of the quotation and why you chose it.
3. The play's title refers to the final stage of a chess match, where most of the major pieces have been exchanged and the two kings remain. What insight does the title give us into the play?
4. How would you describe the relationship between Hamm and Clov? Does this develop or change over the course of the play?
5. Describe the role played by human bodies in the play.
6. With specific reference to Hamm's story (his 'narrative' or 'chronicle'), what would you say is the role of story-telling in the play?
7. Using specific examples, discuss the role played by nostalgia in the play.
8. Are any of the four characters free? Justify your answer with reference to the text.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from BSBWHS501A Ensure safe workplace.
- John has noticed an increase in the number of injuries and back discomfort among the warehouse staff after the introduction of a number of new products. He has
- Reading 1: Levin (2017) 'Making a house a home: Children and the meanings of home among gay men in the United States' What does this mean? "Interestingly,